Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our privacy practices and contact us if you have any questions.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Accent Tools Ltd. may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you create an HiKOKI Account, apply for Dealer or Service Agent access, purchase a product, register a product online, apply for a redemption or promotional product, connect to our services including sharing and reviewing products, submitting a online form, contact us, booking services, or participate in an online review, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, store/retail preference.
- When you share your content with family and friends using HiKOKI NZ products, send registration certificates and recommend products, or invite others to participate in HiKOKI NZ services or forums, HiKOKI NZ may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. HiKOKI NZ will use such information to fulfil your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on HiKOKI’s latest product announcements, promotional offers, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and assist with police and insurance companies. We may also use your personal information for account security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of HiKOKI NZ account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about products and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with HiKOKI NZ, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and market research to improve HiKOKI’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Source of your personal information where they are not collected from you.
We may have received your personal information from other persons, if that person has shared their content with you using a service provided by Accent Tools Ltd. such as Social Media, sent registration certificates and products, or invited you to participate in a online services, social media or forums. We may also validate the information provided by you when creating an HiKOKI Account with a third party for security and fraud prevention purposes.
For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an HiKOKI product is used so that we can better understand customer behaviour and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use our services and how you use the hikoki.co.nz website in order to help website developers improve the website.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Ads that are delivered by HiKOKI’s website may appear in HiKOKI’s Newletter. If you do not wish to receive ads targeted to your interests from HiKOKI’s website, you can choose to opt out of the HiKOKI Newsletter or “unsubscribe”, which will opt your HiKOKI ID out of receiving such ads and newsletters regardless of what device you are using. You may still see ads in third party websites in which we have taken up partnership with an advertising provider to host and target these ads.
If you want to disable cookies and you’re using the Safari web browser, go to Safari preferences and then to the privacy pane to manage your preferences. On your mobile device, go to Settings, then Safari, scroll down to the Privacy & Security section, and tap on “Block Cookies” to manage your preferences.
If you want to disable cookies and you’re using the chrome web browser, go to chrome preferences, settings, then advanced and then to the privacy and security pane to manage your preferences.
For other browsers, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the HiKOKI NZ website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behaviour on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Accent Tools Ltd. may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the HiKOKI NZ website, social media and other service platforms. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Accent Tools Ltd (Represented as “HiKOKI NZ”). may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with us. to provide products and services, or that help HiKOKI NZ. market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Accent Tools Ltd. to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
HiKOKI NZ. shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, redemptions, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Accent Tools Ltd. operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from service partners and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Accent Tools Ltd. to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganisation, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Accent Tools Ltd. takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Accent Tools Ltd. online services such as the HiKOKI NZ website protect your personal information using a digital cryptographic encryption keys such as Layered Security (SSL). When your personal data is stored by Accent Tools Ltd., our website provider use cryptography which are long strings of randomly generated numbers. One is called a private key and one is called a public key.
When you use some Accent Tools Ltd. products, services, or applications or post on an HiKOKI forum, form or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
If you or anyone else using Family Sharing logs on to a device that is owned by a third party, any information shared within your Family—including calendar, location, photos —may be downloaded on to that third-party device thereby disclosing any such shared information.
The existence of Automated Decision-Making, Including Profiling
HiKOKI NZ. does not take any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affects you.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information, product information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by signing in to your HiKOKI NZ Account. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Accent Tools Ltd. is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier.
Third-Party Sites and Services
HiKOKI NZ. websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third-party app.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Accent Tools Ltd (Representing “HiKOKI NZ”). abides by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules System. The APEC CBPR system provides a framework for organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC economies. To learn more about the APEC Certification and Dispute Resolution, please click on the above link
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Accent Tools Ltd. employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
When a privacy question or question about personal information received in response to an access/download request is received we have a dedicated team which triages the contacts and seeks to address the specific concern or query which you are seeking to raise. Where your issue may be more substantive in nature, more information may be sought from you. All such substantive contacts receive a response. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavour to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
Accent Tools Ltd..
Private Box 302 012, North Harbour, Auckland 0751, New Zealand.